Welcome to another Thursday as that mean we are closer to the weekend. This week was a short seeing that Monday was Labor Day. The Waiting to Exhale Soundtrack was an album that made my playlist this week. Whitney Houston was the highlight of the soundtrack. Houston hadn’t released any music since the iconic Bodyguard Soundtrack in 1992. Waiting to Exhale is looked at as one of the greatest movie soundtracks ever. The soundtrack won countless awards and sold well over seven million copies. Brandy, Mary J. Blige, TLC, Toni Braxton, Chaka Khan and Aretha Franklin all appeared on the album. There were a total of seven singles released from the end of 1995 to the middle of 1996. My Throwback Thursday is from Whitney Houston and it’s her monster hit Exhale (Shoop Shoop). Exhale garnered Whitney Houston another platinum plaque as it sold well over 1.5 million copies.
In the United States, “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” debuted at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and the Hot R&B Singles chart. In other countries, the single performed moderately on the chart. In the United Kingdom, it debuted at number 11 on the UK Singles Chart for the week dated November 18, 1995. Check out the video for Exhale up above. Check out the track listing and stream link to the Waiting to Exhale soundtrack below.
- Exhale (Shoop Shoop)- Whitney Houston
- Why Does It Hurt So Bad- Whitney Houston
- Let It Flow- Toni Braxton
- It Hurts Like Hell- Aretha Franklin
- Sittin’ Up In My Room- Brandy
- This Is How It Works- TLC
- Not gon’ Cry- Mary J. Blige
- My Funny Valentine- Chaka Khan
- And I Gave My Love to You- Sonja Marie
- All Night Long- Chante Moore
- Wey U- Patti LaBelle
- Kissing You- Faith Evans
- Love Will Be Waiting at Home- Shanna
- Count On Me- Whitney Houston & CeCe Winans